Skip to main content

Hello

Dear reader, 

    Welcome to my lifestyle blog, Figure. I will be writing about cleaning, cooking, parenting, lifestyle, health and wellness, fitness, mental health, relationships and personal experiences. I just want to share a little bit about me and introduce myself. 

    I am passionate about efficiency, and finding the best ways to keep my life together while also having fun and being okay with making messes whether they were planned or not. I have had to make a lot of changes in my life after having a new baby, and I consider all of them good. My hope for her, is that she grows up to be independent and happy. 

Elodie Little

    I am in a two year relationship with my fiance Isaac. We started out just talking as friends when he lived in another state. All of a sudden he moved here with no car, no job, no money. I was in college at the University of Montana living in a dorm studying psychology and Pre-Law. Only six months into our relationship we moved in together into an apartment that suddenly became our home. We decided to have a baby, and nine months later our Elodie was born. I was eighteen when I got pregnant, and nineteen when I had her. I plan on writing my first article on my birthing experience, so I will just tell you for now, it was an adventure. 


Our gender reveal


    I came from a large family, with a lot of complicated relationships. My mother and father were married and divorced before I was one. My father met another woman who became my stepmom. She had a son with another man before they met and he soon became my brother. My stepmom and dad had two more babies who are my sisters. I used to spend one week at my dads house, then one week and my moms. On and off for years. Which as you can imagine, was a weird position to be in as a child. My mom had boyfriends, but never had another baby. So one week, I had the only child privilege of not having share toys, attention, food or anything. When I went to my dad's house, it was four children. I had to share everything. I had to learn how to balance that all out at a young age. When I turned sixteen, my mental health took a bad dive into depression. I was sad all of the time, I didn't have any good friends and I was very confused about my life. Shortly after my depression was treated, my dad and my stepmom began their divorce. I was never really surrounded with healthy relationships during my childhood. 

My dad and my sisters Emma and Kiran


    My sisters were always there for me, and we always had each other's backs. The last divorce was a nasty one, and it split a lot of people up, but never my siblings. I always had a strange sense of love and wasn't sure if I ever wanted to get married because of the things I witnessed. Isaac has changed my mind about all of it. I realized a lot about love and a lot about relationships. I'm not saying it doesn't take work, it absolutely does. Especially when you commit your blood to someone, and have a baby, it takes a lot of work. But it is all worth it. Seeing him become a father is one of the best gifts life has given me so far. 
    I am excited to share my life, my thoughts and ideas with people, and I hope that I can offer helpful advice by sharing my tips and experiences. If you have any questions or requests for topics, my business email is laurenboothbusiness@yahoo.com 
    Please subscribe and follow my blog to get notifications when I post, it helps a lot!

    Thank you!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Things I Have Learned From Being A Young Mom

  5 Things I Have Learned From Being A Young Mom Lauren Booth There is so much you have to figure out all at once when having a baby, and there is even more when you are still trying to figure yourself out. I got pregnant at eighteen years old, and these are the some of the things I learned in the first nine months of parenting.  1. People may not understand Whether it's people you know, people that you don't know, or even your family, there will be people who do not understand why you make the decisions you do even if you know they are right for you.  You have your friends, who are just starting their adulthood too. This usually involves a lot of hanging out, and going to parties and trying new things. I had a lot of fun doing all of those things. I also knew that I was in a stable relationship and opted to put more of my energy into being a good partner and taking care of our home. I spent less and less time with my friends the further I got into my pregnancy. It was ju...

Post Partum and How I'm Still Dealing With It

Post Partum and How I'm Still Dealing With It 〰      Pregnancy was so fun, there was so much support and love. Labor was exciting. I had my little best friend in my arms. Nothing could possibly go wrong. I have an iron deficiency pretty bad, so right after I had my daughter and lost all the blood, I could barely stand up without getting out of breath. I remember being so confident after I gave birth and I was finally able to feel one of my legs again, so I told my nurse that I needed to go to the bathroom. She came to help me but I declined. I tried to stand up and my legs were still noodles. I got assisted to the bathroom but by the time I got there, I had already peed on the floor. I would say I was embarrassed, but the nurse reassured me that it happens all the time.       I started feeling better and ready to go home by the third morning. I woke up, and hobbled around the recovery room cleaning up and folding my clothes. I was so ready to start our...

5 Tips On Housekeeping With A Toddler

  5 Tips on Housekeeping with a Toddler  My 16 month old is insanely busy, messy and is always taking toys from one room to another. I spend a lot of time cleaning up after her at the end of the day... everyday. I have found some helpful cleaning hacks that are so simple, take little time, and make your home feel more put together. 1. DIY CARPET POWDER I live in an apartment, which means I have pre-lived in carpet. I almost never have time to shampoo the floors, wait for them to dry, and then put everything back where it belongs. This carpet powder traps odors, and leaves your home smelling amazing.  Ingredients: 1c baking soda for every 100sqft, 5 drops essential oil of your choice Just mix together, sprinkle over carpets, wait 10 minutes, and vacuum! 2. LAUNDRY REFRESHER I have a lot of clothes, (probably too many), and I find that when they sit for too long without being worn, they begin to lose the scent of my detergent. So, I started putting car fresheners in the bac...